Do you love to shop indie designers? Me too. Do you love to shop online? Check. Enter, StyleOutsideTheBox.com (SOTB).
SOTB is a brand new e-boutique specializing in indie design born from an idea in a series of New York City pop-up shops. Through assisting the planning of these individual shops in NY, creator Laura Adamson saw the need for a virtual platform where designers would be able to “maintain their own shops and personally fulfill each and every order” (SOTB). Here, shoppers are able to peruse apparel for women, men and children, jewelry, home decor, and gifts created by independent designers from all over the world. Currently SOTB is run by a group of fabulous, fashion savvy women and based in my old stomping grounds of Lancaster, PA.
Since A Style Section is based in San Diego, I took a particular liking to the designs of Wabisabi Green, a home decor line designed by Jolee Pink in Encinitas, CA (only about 45 minutes away). Number 1, I’m in love with Miss Pink’s name and number 2, Wabisabi Green creates the cutest throw-pillows made with all organic cotton. Bold prints and a touch of nature – see below and you’ll understand why I need all of these:
Perfect, right? Other California designers include: Kendra Renee Jewelry and Molly Alexandra of Lazy Jane Kids clothing - both based out of the bay area – but there are indie designers from as far away as London. Delightful! (See a full list of their designers here) **Special shout-out to the lovely THREAD Show veterans of COATT!
So it is easy to see why I am a little obsessed with this shopping site and since I also love lists, I felt it appropriate to put together a small one with some of my favorite items on SOTB.
1. Rosetta Cocoa Organic-cotton Throw Pillow by Wabisabi Green - I love bold pattern and the chocolate-brown color is perfect for the season.
2. Millefiore Vintage Cufflinks by Jodi Rae Designs – You can’t forget about the men in your life. Cufflinks are a perfect gift item for your favorite man (or male figure) since these small details are often over looked, but can pull an entire outfit together.
3. Satin Attilia Couture Dress by Vjera Vilicnik – I must admit, this is a gift for me. Isn’t it brilliant!? I will have to wear this for NYE ’12. Said and done.
4. Angela Four Tier Father Earring by Briwok – Okay okay, so the feather trend may be starting to die down, but I cannot help myself. I love this earring, the colors and the fact that it is sold as a single. Large earrings like this are best worn alone or with other, tiny earrings.
5. Black Onyx Drop Earrings by Toosis – These are incredible. The black stones with the gold detailing…a must have for my new NYE dress.
6. Hoot Owl Shadowbox art by Colorstory Designs - Not only would this piece match everything in my home, but it is also eco-conscious! Each design created by Colorstory Designs is made of recycled paper and magazines.
What a fabulous site. I suggest that you all start shopping. Now.