In the spirit of Valentines Day, I felt moved to do something for my valentine/husband/best friend since we are unable to be together this year. I thought about a few options, but they all seemed cheesy and not very “me”. Since I live by the phrase, “keep it simple”, I have compiled a short and sweet list of 14 things I adore about him:
1. His admiration and respect for his parents – He loves them, the rest of his family, as well as his best friend, Carl in the most inspiring way.
2. His love for my family – We are crazy, passionate, talk A LOT, laugh just as much and he totally digs it.
3. How he can sacrifice himself for the good of our country and he’d be the last one to tell you that he has.
4. His incredible sense of humor – I’m the analytical one…he keeps me balanced and laughing at all times.
5. His inability to say “no” to helping someone.
6. He supports me in all of my wild endevors…every last one.
7. He accepted my best friend (my younger brother) as his own immediately, without a second thought.
8. He never puts limitations on me - He celebrates and encourages my career choices and independence.
9. He understands my many obsessions including: dance, fashion, cats, and music and loves me more because of them.
10. He doesn’t know how to give up.
11. He is “really, really, ridiculously good-looking”. – Zoolander
12. He isn’t afraid of an argument or confrontation especially if it about the Phillies, Eagles, or to help another. Refer to number 5.
13. He is absolutely one of the smartest, most intuitive people I know.
14. He loves me unconditionally, openly, and will happily stand by me for the rest of forever. And I, him.
San Diego 2012
Happy Valentines Day.